Diego is the partner responsible for the Intellectual Property department. He has over 20 years’ experience in the area of intellectual property law, with an emphasis on the development of strategies for the obtaining and administration of brand and patent portfolios in Brazil and overseas.
His work covers all important strategic aspects, starting with the discovery phase and moving into the administrative, licensing and dispute resolution areas, whilst working with CONAR (the National Council for Advertising Self-Regulation) and operating in the judicial sphere. In the extrajudicial sphere, he has recovered countless domain names unduly registered by third parties.
He has extensive experience in advising domestic and foreign clients, many of which are listed in the Fortune 500, from the pharmaceutical, foodstuffs, fashion, technology, and wholesale and retail commercial areas, amongst many others, as well as assisting many different overseas law firms on the creation and implementation of strategies for the obtaining, maintaining and exercising of intellectual property rights in Brazil and elsewhere. Diego has been recognized by IP Stars, WTR 1000, The Legal 500, Benchmark Litigation, Leaders League, and Análise Advocacia.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Brazilian Intellectual Property Association
- Admitted to the Rio de Janeiro branch of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/RJ)
- Postgraduate degree in Intellectual Property, PUC-Rio – Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro
- Postgraduate degree in Business Management, IBMEC RJ – Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais
- LL.B., Universidade Cândido Mendes