Marcus is head of the Dispute Resolution Department, with extensive experience of complex national and cross-border litigation and arbitration in a number of areas of civil and commercial law, including shipping and aviation. He has acted as co-counsel and expert witness in cross-border matters in New York, London, Houston, The Bahamas and Canada.
Marcus taught law for seven years, has been part of the Roman Law Research Group of the Law School of the University of São Paulo (1995-2002) and of the Teaching Assistance Program of the same University (2000-2002), and was a visiting researcher at the “Istituto di Diritto Romano” of the School of Law of the University of Rome I – “La Sapienza” (2003). Marcus is recognized by The Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, Who’s Who Legal and Benchmark Litigation.
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr)
- Member of the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- Member of the Shiparrested.com network
- Member of the Lawyers’ Association of São Paulo (AASP)
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP)
- Doctor of Civil Law, USP – Universidade de São Paulo
- LL.B., USP – Universidade de São Paulo
- Marcus is the co-author of the Brazilian chapters of the 2019 and 2020 editions of the Enforcement of Judgments and Arbitral Awards in Commercial Matters Global Guide (Thomson Reuters), Shareholders’ Rights and Obligations: a Global Guide (Global Law and Business), the third edition of Data Protection and Privacy (Thomson Reuters), the fourth edition of The Aviation Law Review (Law Business Research), and of various editions of Ship Arrests in Practice (Shiparrested.com)
- Marcus is also author of Getting of the Deal Through’s 2012 to 2016 editions of Enforcement of Foreign Judgements (Law Business Research)