Trade Remedies – A Review of Current Anti-Dumping Duties20/06/2013
Trade Remedies – SunsetReview of Current Anti-Dumping Duties
By means of Circular nr. 25, dated May 31 2013, the Secretariat of Foreign Trade (SECEX), part of the Ministry of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade (MDIC), announced the final terms applicable to certain currently in force anti-dumping duties, in order to allow interested parties to apply for sunset reviews of such measures.
The sunset review proceeding of an anti-dumping measure may be requested by any interested party (namely the domestic industry, importers and foreign exporters) up to five (5) months prior to the end of the term applicable to the current duty, with the aim of revoking, maintaining, increasing or decreasing the amount of the applied duty.
The anti-dumping duties that may be the object of a sunset review in 2014 are those falling upon the following:
- Imports of wooden pencils with graphite or colored leads from China, classified under item 9609.10.00 of the Mercosur Common Nomenclature (NCM);
- Imports of glyphosate (N-phosphomethyl glycine) from China, in its different forms and levels of concentration, exclusively designated for the production of herbicides (NCM 2931.00.32, 2931.00.39 and 3808.93.24);
- Imports of butyl acrylate from the US, except for that with a degree of purity equal to or higher than 99.8%, marketed in glass flasks of up to 2.5L (NCM 2916.12.30);
- Imports of carbon electrodes from China, with a diameter of up to 450mm and any length, be they machine-manufactured or not, assembled or disassembled, of the kind used in electric ovens (NCM 8545.11.00 and 3801.10.00);
- Imports of viscose threads from Austria, China, Indonesia, Thailand and Taiwan, of lengths between 32mm and 120mm, except for opaque, 2.2 dtex/51mm, fire-retardant threads used in the production of technical protection fabrics and embedded with fire-retardant substances (NCM 5504.10.00);
- Imports of radial tires from China, with 20”, 22” and 22.5” rims, designed for use on buses and trucks (NCM 4011.20.90).
The International Trade Team at Felsberg and Associates would be pleased to assist companies and class entities requiring more information on this matter or that are interested in participating in the sunset reviews mentioned above.
International Trade Team
Ambassador Sergio Amaral (email@example.com)
Fernanda Manzano Sayeg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fernando Graciani Dolce (email@example.com)
Stephanie Scandiuzzi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lorin S. Weisenfeld (email@example.com)
Rodrigo do Val Ferreira (firstname.lastname@example.org)