- Phone: (55 11) 3141-9101
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: Portuguese, English, German, French and Spanish.
- Practice Areas: Restructuring & Insolvency/Arbitration and Mediation/Institutional and Governmental Relations/Aviation & Aircraft Finance
Thomas Felsberg is the Founding Partner of Felsberg Advogados and a global reference in the area of insolvency and debt restructuring. Recognized by publications such as Latin Lawyer, Chambers, Legal 500 and Leaders League as Brazil’s leading insolvency lawyer, Thomas has been a member of the committees responsible for the drafting of the current Business Restructuring and Insolvency Law.
A former member of the Executive Committee of the International Insolvency Institute and currently Co-Head of the Institute’s Latin American branch.
A member of the American College of Bankruptcy, ex-President and current member of the Board of TMA-Brazil and Member of the Legal Council of the São Paulo State Federation of Industry (FIESP).
Acted as a consultant to the World Bank on insolvency and direct credit issues, having contributed to the Global Insolvency Law Database (GILD) and Reports on the Observance of Standards and Codes (ROSC), together with the IMF.
Director of the Studies Center for Law Firms - CESA, and President of the Columbia University Club of Brazil. Member of the Advisory Board of the Brazilian Association of Infrastructure and Base Industries.
The author of a great number of books and articles in Portuguese and English, Thomas has been guest speaker at numerous congresses and conferences throughout the world.Read more
- American College of Bankruptcy;
- International Insolvency Institute;
- INSOL International; Brazilian Institute of Company Restructuring Studies (IBR);
- Columbia University Club of Brazil;
- Member of numerous committees of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB);
- São Paulo State Federation of Industry (FIESP);
- Studies Center for Law Firms (CESA); and President of the Columbia University Club of Brazil.
- Graduate of the University of São Paulo.
- Masters Degree (LLM) from Columbia University.
The author of an extensive list of books and articles in Portuguese and English, Thomas has actively participated as a speaker and panelist at congresses and conferences throughout the world.