- Phone: +55 (11) 3141 9161
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: Portuguese, French, English, Spanish, Italian, German
- Practice Areas: Institutional and Governmental Relations
Upon returning from Washington, where he served as Ambassador of Brazil to the United States, Sergio Amaral rejoined Felsberg Advogados as a counselor. Ambassador Amaral was also previously Ambassador of Brazil to the United Kingdom and France. He has served at high level positions in the Brazilian government, including as Secretary of Social Communication and Spokesman for President Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Minister of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade, Executive Secretary to the Ministry for the Environment, and Chairman of the Foreign Trade Council of Ministers (CAMEX) and the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES).
His extensive biography includes serving as Chairman of the Brazil-China Business Council and member of the Strategic Council of the Federation of Industries of the State of São Paulo (FIESP). He was also a member of the Board of Directors of AES Eletropaulo and Tietê as well as of the International Board of prominent French companies Total and Plastic Omnium.
- Doctorate under supervision of Maurice Duverger (without thesis), University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne)
- Diploma of Specialized Studies in Political Science (DESS), University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne)
- Certificate in Political Science, University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne)
- Diplomat Career Preparation Course, Instituto Rio Branco
- LL.B., USP - Universidade de São Paulo