- Phone: (55 11) 3141-9188
- City: Sao Paulo
- Languages: English and Portuguese.
- Practice Areas: Corporate and M&A
Renato Brandão provides legal services to public and private companies involved in both national and international business transactions, including cross-border investment projects, venture capital, project finance, M&As, distressed M&As, debt and equity restructuring, joint ventures, audits, due diligences, consulting on corporate and contract-related matters, rules and regulations and control of foreign capital in Brazil and Brazilian capital abroad.
Renato Brandão also advises companies in financial stress, works on restructuring debts, provides advice on distressed investments and project financing, negotiations out-of-court, non-court-supervised restructuring plans to bring in new investments, and represents investors, creditors, partners, and debtors.Read more
More recently, Brandão has been involved in the following Corporate/M&A and Company Restructurings projects:
- Joint-venture between the National Basketball Association (NBA) and Brazil´s Nacional Basketball League (LNB) to establish a long partnership aimed at promoting the game in Brazil.
- Debt restructuring of Borrachas Vipal´s debt in the amount of BRL 1.2 billion owed to the following banks: Itaú Unibanco, Banco Bradesco, Banco do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, Banco de Investimentos Credit Suisse (Brazil), Banco Fator, HSBC, and Banco Santander.
- M&A, advising BSN Medical during its acquisition of Grupo Neve, the parent company of Neve, Neve I.N.A and Nevada companies.
- M&A, advising Itubombas during the sale of 100% of its share capital to Atlas Copco, a Swedish leading manufacturer of industrial equipment.
- Assisting a foreign financial institution wanting to invest in a mining company in financial distress.
- Assisting Intercement, a leading company in the cement industry owned by Camargo Corrêa S.A. during the sale of a minority stake in the company to Banco Bradesco BBI in a transaction worth BRL 1.5 billion
- Structuring and implementation of a Stock Option Plan for the directors and executives of a private equity fund.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of IRELGOV - Institute of Relations with the Government;
- Member in the Anti-Corruption Study Group at FGV Law School in São Paulo;
- Passed the Brazilian Bar Exam, São Paulo (OAB/SP); and
- Former member of the Legal Committee of ABEIFA (Brazilian Association of Import Companies and Automakers from 2011 to 2012).
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration at INSPER University (currently studying);
- Post Graduation Course - Debt Restructuring & Insolvency at Fundação Getúlio Vargas - FGV, São Paulo, 2016.
- Post Graduation Course - M&A and Corporate Restructuring, at Fundação Getúlio Vargas - FGV, São Paulo, 2011.
- LL.B., Mackenzie Presbyterian University, School of Law from which he graduated suma cum laude after presenting his graduation thesis on “A Public Offer for the Acquisition of Share Capital due to the Divestiture of Most of The Shares of a Listed Company” under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Armando Luiz Rovai (June 2010).
- Accounting for Non-Accountants Course at Mackenzie, at Mackenzie Presbyterian University in 2008.