- Phone: (55 11) 3141-9148
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: English and Portuguese
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
Lawyer acting in the Insolvency Department of Felsberg Advogados, Melina has experience in the area of civil and commercial law, especially in insolvency distressed investing matters, with participation in the largest judicial and extrajudicial reorganization cases in Brazil, including representation of debtors, investors and creditors, as well as preparation of bankruptcy memoranda for national and international clients, construction of structures for investment in companies in crisis, restructuring of debts, delimitation and development of litigation strategies.
Melina has experience in restructuring processes across the most diverse sectors of the economy including mining, oil & gas, construction, energy and retail. Her performance in outstanding cases secured a nomination in the LEGAL 500 Latin America yearbook for "impressive knowledge and availability".
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP).
- Law degree from the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo (Largo de São Francisco)
- International Insolvency: Jurisdictional Comparisons. In: J. Willian Boone (org.), European Lawyer Reference Series, 2012 Edition. Thomson Reuters, 2012, p. 67-82 (assistance).
LECTURES & COURSES
- Courses and lectures at events on Insolvency and Restructuring in Brazil.
- Participation in debates, lectures and events held in TMA Brasil – Turnaround Management Associationin Brazil, an association dedicated to promoting best practices in management, restructuring and recovery of companies in crisis.