- Phone: (55 11) 3141-9102
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Practice Areas: Corporate and M&A/Aviation & Aircraft Finance/Financial Law/Infrastructure
Maria da Graça has extensive experience in the areas of project finance, financial and structured operations, the capitals market, private equity and operations involving the acquisition, sale and restructuring of companies.
Within her areas of expertise, she has participated in relevant operations, is the author of many articles, has given talks, and has frequently been included in the lists of Brazil’s most prominent lawyers by highly-respected international publications.
Recent operations in which Maria da Graça has provided or is continuing to provide legal advice:
- Financing of drilling apparatus in Brazil’s pre-salt sector, and of a coal-fired thermoelectric plant;
- Acquisition and financing of various aircraft in Brazil;
- International financing for the importation of machines and equipment into Brazil;
- Creation of local guarantees for various international financing operations;
- Constitution and operation of investment, real estate, private equity and receivable funds;
- Creation of joint ventures for the generation and commercialization of energy based upon sugarcane biomass, and the provision of consultancy services and assistance for micro-businesses in Brazil;
- Acquisition and restructuring of corporate shares and investment in companies in sectors as diverse as insurance, oil and gas, and the generation and commercialization of energy;
- Corporate restructuring of companies in the chemical products and transport logistics sectors;
- Creation of leasing companies on behalf of overseas investors;
- Restructuring of debts held with different banks by companies in the chemical and petrochemical sectors.
- Admitted to the São Paulo branch of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/SP);
- Member of ABVCAP (‘Brazilian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association’) since 2002.
- Graduate of the Faculty of Law of the University of São Paulo (1975);
- Specialist course at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana (1978).
- “Creation and Enforcement of Security Interests in Brazil” – Article published in the ‘Project Finance Digital Guide 2010’, edited by Executive View Media Limited;
- “Asset-Based Lending in Latin America” - Article published in the ‘Secured Lender’ magazine (August, 2010) - Commercial Finance Association;
- “Project Finance – Brazil” – Co-author of the article published in the ‘Getting the Deal Through - Project Finance 2011’ (published in September, 2010; edited by E Waide Warner and Gavin R Skene);
- “International Project Finance and PPPs” – Co-author of ‘Chapter 4 - Brazil’, published by Kluwer Law International (September, 2011);
- “Investments in Brazil” - Article published in the ‘Acquisition International’ magazine (January, 2011);
- “PE buyout deals in Q1 2011” - Participation in the analysis of operations taking place in Brazil – article published in ‘Acquisition International’ magazine (April, 2011);
- “Foreign Investment in Brazilian Projects” - Article published in the ‘Global Reference Guide: Project Finance 2011’ – published by ‘Financier WorldWide Limited’ (July, 2011).
SPEECHES AND COURSES
Courses and speeches at events in Brazil, Spain and the United States on issues such as investment funds, initial public offerings, private equity and the financing and structuring of projects.