- Phone: (55 11) 3141-9145
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: English, Italian and Portuguese.
- Practice Areas: Litigation/Arbitration and Mediation/Maritime/Consumer Relations
Marcus Alexandre Matteucci Gomes is a partner in the area of litigation and dispute resolution.
Marcus has taught law for seven (7) years, having been part of the Roman Law Research Group of the Law School of the University of São Paulo (1995-2002) and of the Teaching Assistance Program of the same University (2000-2002), and a visiting researcher at the “Istituto di Diritto Romano” of the School of Law of the University of Rome I – “La Sapienza” (2003).
Marcus has extensive experience of complex national and cross-border litigation and arbitration, in a number of areas of civil and commercial Law, including shipping and aviation. Acted as co-counsel and expert witness in cross-border matters in New York, London, Houston, The Bahamas and Canada.
Marcus is the author of the Brazilian chapter of the Getting of the Deal Trough’s 2012 to 2016 editions of Enforcement of Foreign Judgements and co-author of the Brazilian Chapters of Ship Arrests in Practice and The Aviation Law Review.Read more
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP).
- Member of the Legislation, Doctrine and Jurisprudence Commission of the São Paulo branch of the Brazilian Bar Association (2001-2003).
- Member of the Advogados’ Association of São Paulo.
- Doctor of Civil Law from the Faculty of Law at the University of São Paulo.
- Graduate in Law from the University of São Paulo.