- Phone: (55 11) 3141-3626
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Practice Areas: Restructuring & Insolvency/Arbitration and Mediation/Agribusiness
Fabiana Solano has been a Partner in the Department of Debt Restructuring and Insolvency since 2011. She works actively in the representation of debtors, creditors and investors in private debt restructuring proceedings and in judicial and extrajudicial reorganization and bankruptcy proceedings. Over her 20 year career, she has represented clients in many different sectors, especially the areas of infrastructure, automobile industry, retail, and paper and pulp. Fabiana has participated in some of the country’s most important insolvency cases since the entry into effect of Law 11.101/05, some of which were winners or finalists in the Deal of the Year award presented by the Latin Lawyer publication. She gained considerable experience in the United States, where she concluded her LL.M and worked in the Insolvency Department of White & Case LLP, participating in Chapter 15 cases and others involving the restructuring of Brazilian companies.
Fabiana is Felsberg’s representative at Meritas, the global alliance of full-service law firms, that includes more than 175 firms from more than 70 countries.
Prior to joining the Insolvency team at Felsberg Advogados, Fabiana coordinated the firm’s Litigation and Arbitration Department. She has represented clients in corporate disputes and domestic and international arbitration proceedings before the International Chamber of Commerce, the Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce, the FIESP/CIESP Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration Chamber and the FGV Mediation and Arbitration Chamber.Read more
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar (OAB/SP).
- Graduate in Law from the Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-USP);
- Specialist in Contract Law from the Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP);
- LL.M. in Financial and Capital Markets Law from the Institute of Study and Research (Insper);
- LL.M in Corporate Governance & Practice from Stanford University.
- Co-author of “Nova Crise Economica e Insolvencia Transnacional”, published in Valor Economico (April 16, 2015); “Recognition of Arbitration”, published in the International Newsletter of Felsberg e Pedretti Advogados e Consultores Legais (September 4, 2012); “Brazilian Code of Civil Procedure amended to expedite enforcement proceedings”, published in the International Newsletter of Felsberg e Pedretti Advogados e Consultores Legais (February 5, 2007).
- Co-author of the annual report on Brazilian Jurisdiction for “Enforcement of Foreign Judgments”, coordinated by ‘Getting the Deal Through’, and published by Law Business Research Ltd., in October 2011 and October 2012.
- Book with final thesis: “Consequences of Terminating Franchise Agreements” (2014).