- Phone: +55 21 2156-7598
- City: Rio de Janeiro
- Languages: Portuguese and English
Diego is the partner responsible for the Intellectual Property area. He has solid experience in the strategic consultation, administrative and judicial spheres.
He is constantly being cited in the domestic and international rankings as one of the most important attorneys specialized in intellectual property in Brazil.Read more
Diego has 20 years’ experience in the area of Intellectual Property Law, with an emphasis on the development of strategies for the obtaining and administration of brand and patent portfolios in Brazil and overseas.
His work covers all the important strategic aspects, starting with the discovery phase and moving into the administrative, licensing and dispute resolution areas, whilst working with CONAR (the National Council for Advertising Self-Regulation) and operating in the judicial sphere. In the extrajudicial sphere, he has recovered countless domain names that had been unduly registered by third parties.
He has extensive experience in advising domestic and foreign clients, many of which are listed in the Fortune 500, from the pharmaceutical, foodstuffs, fashion, technology, and wholesale and retail commercial areas, amongst many others, as well as assisting many different overseas law firms on the creation and implementation of strategies for the obtaining, maintaining and exercising of intellectual property rights in Brazil and elsewhere.
He is an active member of the International Trademark Association – INTA, where he frequently meets with other professionals from all over the world to analyze the most important current issues in the area and thus best serve the interests of our clients.
- Graduate in Law from the Cândido Mendes University.
- Post-Graduate in Intellectual Property from the Pontifícia Universidade Católica of Rio de Janeiro – PUC/ RJ.
- Post-Graduate in Business Management from the Brazilian Institute of Capital Markets - IBEMEC/RJ.
- Admitted to the Rio de Janeiro Bar Association (OAB/RJ)
- Brazilian Intellectual Property Association
- International Trademark Association – INTA