- Phone: (55 11) 3141-9142
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: Portuguese, English and Italian.
- Practice Areas: Restructuring & Insolvency
An attorney and partner in Felsberg Advogados’ Insolvency and Restructuring Department, Clara has extensive experience in the provision of legal advice to creditors, debtors and investors in judicial and extrajudicial reorganizations, bankruptcy settlements and issues relating to insolvency. Clara has participated in some of the country’s most important insolvency cases since the entry into effect of Law 11.101/05, some of which were winners or finalists in the Deal of the Year award presented by the Latin Lawyer publication. Clara’s experience in the area of litigation law and the extrajudicial resolution of disputes is widely recognized. She has consequently represented Brazilian and international clients in negotiations and resolutions of disputes in the area of Corporate Law, contracts and commercial transactions.
She is the author of various articles and books, including: “Recurso especial e extraordinário”, published by Editora Atlas and “Fraude contra credores no processo falimentar: Ação Revocatória Falimentar e Ineficácia do art. 129 da Lei de Recuperação Judicial, Extrajudicial e Falências”, published by Editora Juruá.
She was nominated as “Leading Lawyer in her Field” by the British publication Legal 500.Read more
Clara´s experience includes advising:
- Rede Energia Group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of more than BRL 1 billion in debt and the sale of its corporate control to Energisa;
- Ad Hoc group of bondholders in the judicial reorganization proceeding of Aralco Group, a Brazilian sugar and ethanol producer;
- Lupatech Group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of approximately BRL 500 million in debt.
- Elektra Mexican group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of more than BRL 200 million in debt;
- Inepar Group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of approximately BRL 1 billion in debt.
- OSX-3 bondholders, which held a claim in the amount of USD 500 million secured by a mortgage over the FPSO OSX-3, in all matters related to the reorganization proceedings of OSX and OGX;
- OSX-3 bondholders in several lawsuits against OSX and OGX before Brazilian courts.
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP);
- Turnaround Management Association do Brasil (TMA Brasil).
- Graduated in Law at Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP), 2003;
- Master’s Degree in Civil Procedural Law from the University of São Paulo (USP), 2008;
- Ph.D in Civil Procedural Law from the University of São Paulo (USP), 2012.
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Fraude contra credores no processo falimentar: ação revocatória falimentar e ineficácia do art. 129 da Lei de Recuperação Judicial, Extrajudicial e Falências (book). Curitiba: Editora Juruá. Expected release date: November 2017;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira; FELSBERG, Thomas Benes. “Tese I – Recuperação Judicial” and “Tese II – Recuperação Judicial” (book chapters). In: BADARÓ, Gustavo Henrique; NOHARA, Irene Patrícia; WARDE JUNIOR, Walfrido Jorge (Coord). Teses Jurídicas dos Tribunais Superiores. São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2017;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Impactos do Novo Código de Processo Civil no Processo Falimentar (book chapter). In SICA, Heitor Vitor Mendonça (Coord.). Legislação processual extravagante. Coleção repercussões do novo CPC. Salvador: Juspodvim, 2016. p. 81-105;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Distribuição do ônus probatório (book chapter). In OLVEIRA NETO, Olavo; MEDEIROS NETO, Elias Marques de; LOPES; Ricardo Augusto de Cadastro. A prova no direito processual civil: estudos em homenagem ao professor João Batista Lopes. São Paulo: Editora Verbatim, 2013;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Recurso especial e extraordinário: aspectos gerais e efeitos (book). São Paulo: Editora Atlas, 2009.