Felsberg Advogados advises national and international sports entities in all kinds of contracts and procedures of a sports nature, in the most diverse modalities.
The firm’s sports work group is also trained to manage the legal departments of clubs, including the preparation of internal regulations, from the emergence of specific demands to the signing of legal documents by leaders and/or representatives of the parties.
Our experience includes:
Hiring professional soccer athletes:
- Employment Contract;
- Endorsement Agreement;
- Transfer Agreement;
- Economic Rights Agreement;
- Commission Agreement;
- Registry in the Registry of Athletes of the Brazilian Football Confederation (Boletim Informativo Diário da Confederação Brasileira de Futebol – CBF)
- Registry of athletes in the FIFA Transfer Matching System.
Practice in sports courts:
- Practice in State Sports Court (Tribunal de Justiça Desportiva Estadual)
- Practice in the Superior Sports Court (Superior Tribunal de Justiça Desportiva)
- Practice in the demands of FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee
- Practice in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS); and
- Practice in the National Chamber for Dispute Resolution of the Brazilian Football Confederation (Câmara Nacional de Resolução de Disputas da CBF).
Training Compensations and Solidarity Mechanisms
- Calculation of amounts due to clubs as Training Compensations and Solidarity Mechanisms;
- Amicable debt collection;
- Debt collection through FIFA’s administrative means, making of the initial pleading, production of evidence in the FIFA Transfer Matching System and following the process.
Certificate of Training Club by Brazilian Football Confederation (Certificado de Clube Formador da CBF)
- Assistance in the fulfillment of the requirements by CBF for the certification of Training Club;
- Motion requesting the granting of the certificate, always aiming at Category A (valid for two years);
- Assistance in the internal procedures of the clubs in order to enable the renewal of the certificate in a fast and precise way;
- Drafting Training Compensation Agreements of the athletes of the youth academy.
Management of the Legal Department
- Internal organization of the Legal Department of Clubs, in order to create all pertinent procedures;
- Creation of the Prevention Team, which consists of avoiding sanctions to which the club is subject when acting as home team in professional matches.
- Creation of the integrated management of the Department of Registry in order to give the club more security when registering athletes in the Registry of Athletes of the Brazilian Football Confederation (Boletim Informativo Diário da Confederação Brasileira de Futebol).