CNPE enacts new local content rules10/05/2017
On May 9th, the National Council for Energy Policy (“CNPE”) published in the Union’s Official Gazette its Ordinance No. 07/2017, establishing the guidelines to define the local content in the unitization areas and the local content requirements for the bid rounds to be held by the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (“ANP”), as follows:
- Regarding the unitization areas, when the oil and gas deposit extends to an open acreage area, the local content rules applicable to them cannot create any obligation in addition to the obligations established for the area under concession or production sharing regime.
- In the ANP’s Marginal Accumulations Concession Bid Rounds, the local content shall not be a contractual obligation.
- In the ANP’s 14th Concession Bid Round, the local content commitments shall be established in the specific clauses of the contract and shall not be used as judgement criteria in the bid.
- The companies cannot submit waiver requests related to the minimum percentage of local content established for the ANP’s 3rd Pre-Salt Bid Round and 14th Concession Bid Round.
- The minimum local content mandatory for the next rounds are the following:
Felsberg Advogados remains at your entire disposal for any clarifications that may be necessary in relation to the matter covered above. Should you have any further doubts, please contact Luis Menezes (firstname.lastname@example.org), our partner responsible for the Oil and Gas Department.
OIL AND GAS DEPARTMENT
This article is intended exclusively to provide information and does not contain any opinion, recommendation or legal advice from Felsberg Advogados in relation to the issues addressed