- Phone: (21) 2156-7536
- City: Rio de Janeiro
- Languages: English and Portuguese
- Practice Areas: Tax/Telecommunications
Sérgio Peixoto has been working with Tax and Telecommunication law for 29 years. Acting as Senior Associate of the Telecommunication team since June 2012, Sérgio has experience in all areas of Communication Law, providing legal support to telecommunication companies, as TIM Celular, Intelig, Eutelsat, YAH Telecomunicações, ETML, NET Angra, Net Serv, MLS, Alta Rede and NETELL, covering a broad range of issues such as taxation, regulatory aspects, contracts, representation before the Brazilian Telecommunications Agency – ANATEL and support in the acquisition of the necessary permits for rendering the communication services.
Sérgio also has relevant experience with tax law providing legal support to companies related to tax consultancy, tax litigation encompassing administrative and judicial proceedings, tax planning, negotiation of fiscal benefits with Federal, State and Municipal Governments and representation before fiscal authorities.Read more
- Admitted to the Bar Association of the States of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
- Member of Brazilian Association of Tax Studies of Telecommunication Companies (ABETEL).
- Member of Brazilian Association of Financing Tax (ABDF).
- Responsible for organizing the tax working group of the Brazilian Association of the Competitive Telecommunications Services Providers (TELCOMP).
- Faculdade Cândido Mendes School of Law (LL.B., 1990).
- Universidade Estácio de Sá. Postgraduate Studies in Civil Law in 2006.