- Phone: (11) 3141-9184
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Practice Areas: Tax
Rodrigo Prado is a partner of the Tax Litigation Department at Felsberg Advogados.
He has a substantial experience in tax litigation, working in the administrative and judicial spheres, in both defense and the demanding of tax debts, as well as in the filing of court actions aiming at recovering tax credits.
He also works with payroll taxation issues, providing assistance and advice regarding the properly compliance with the social contribution legislation.
In addition to this, he provides support for the office’s other departments in M&A operations, through the performance of due diligence.
Recently, Rodrigo has:
- Provided administrative and judicial defense involving the tax debts of companies connected with the telecommunications;
- Defended a non-profit organization in the recognition of its immunity to tax payments, as well as the annulling of demands for tax credits arising from non-observance of its immune or exempt status;
- Provided administrative defense relating to the possibility of deduction of specify costs considered as input by the PIS and COFINS legislation;
- Provided judicial defense involving customs issues;
- Filed legal measures and administrative defenses on behalf of companies in the entertainment sector, with a view to addressing the taxes to which they were liable;
- Filed measures aimed at recognition of the rights of companies under Judicial Restructuring to special installment programs;
- Advised and defended companies in relation to recognition of special customs regimes, as well as special systems granted by States and Municipalities;
- Provided advice on the verification of the responsibilities of parent or affiliate companies. as well as their partners and representatives in relation to their tax obligations;
- Attended to Oral Hearings at State and Federal Court of Appeals.
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP).
- Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas, Faculty of Law, 2003;
- Specialized study in ‘Tax Law and Tax Procedural Law, from the Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos Tributários (IBET/SP), 2005;
- Master’s Degree in Tax Law – University of São Paulo (USP/SP), 2014.