- Phone: (55 11) 3141-3643
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: Portuguese, English, Spanish e French.
Associate at Corporate Law, M&A, Innovation, Startups and Venture Capital Department at Felsberg Advogados, Marcela focuses her practice on business law, advising clients on domestic and international transactions. Her experience includes contracts, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, private equity and venture capital, and general corporate matters. Represents Brazil-based and international companies investing and operating in Brazil in several transactions, analyzing, reviewing and drafting agreements related to corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions of companies, as well as intellectual property issues. Has participated in more than 60 transactions of venture capital and private equity, assisting investment funds, corporate ventures and startups regarding fund capitalization Series A, B and C.Read more
Professional Associations and Others
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP).
- Member of the Regulation Committee of the Associação Brasileira de Private Equity e Venture Capital (ABVCAP).
Recently, Marcela has assisted:
- Swedish investment fund in venture capital transactions in Brazil in the areas of e-commerce and fintech;
- The largest Brazilian investment fund of impact investment in the negotiations of venture capital in business mainly focused on education, fintech and health sectors;
- First corporate venture investment of one of the major Brazilian banks in a big data startup;
- Brazilian corporate ventures operating in the industries of e-commerce, aviation and financial market;
- Fund formation of the main Brazilian venture capital funds;
- Brazilian closely-held corporation that acts in the sector of industrial maintenance and property management to receive fund capital of a private equity;
- Liechtenstein investment fund in the investment negotiations in a Brazilian startup that operates in the health sector;
- One of the main accelerators that operates in the Brazilian venture capital ecosystem in negotiations with selected startups;
- American investment fund in the venture capital negotiations to invest in a Brazilian technology company;
- Several Brazilian technology startups from the incorporation stage to the receipt of investment from Brazilian and foreign venture capital funds in Series A, B and C.
- Graduate in Law from the Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas (FMU);
- Exchange Program in Law at Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey (2 years);
- Specialist study in Corporate Law at Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo – GVLaw (lato sensu post-graduate study). Course conclusion paper: The Regulation of Equity Crowdfunding in Brazil - a compared study with the Jumpstart our Business Act;
- Executive Program. Introduction to International Taxation. University of San Diego School of Law. Fundação Getúlio Vargas – GVLaw;
- Executive Program. Private Equity and Venture Capital. Insper.
- Equity crowdfunding: muito se discute, pouco se conclui, co-author, Revista Capital Aberto, Aug. 2014 (available at https://capitalaberto.com.br/boletins/vc-e-empreendedorismo-derraik/equity-crowdfunding-muito-se-discute-pouco-se-conclui/#.WRMsAtLyvct)