- Phone: (21) 2156-7507
- City: Rio de Janeiro
- Languages: English and Portuguese
- Practice Areas: Aviation & Aircraft Finance
Marcela Corrêa has been working with asset-based finance and aviation law for 14 years. Acting as Senior Associate of the Aviation team since January 2016, Marcela focuses on aircraft finance and has been assisting banks, export credit agencies, lessors and air companies on a wide range of financing transactions concerning executive jets, helicopters used for transportation services for the offshore oil and gas industry and Boeing, ATR, Embraer and Airbus aircraft operated by major Brazilian airlines. Marcela also has relevant experience with business law, more particularly general matters related to air service companies, as well as drafting and negotiation of contracts, financing and leasing of aircraft and engines, export credit structures, sales and leasebacks and cross-border syndicated loan facilities.
Her experience also includes legal assistance to foreign and Brazilian entities connected to the oil and gas industry. From 2006 to 2007, Marcela Corrêa was based in Macaé, Rio de Janeiro, as secondee to a major oil and gas company which operates FPSO units in Brazil.
In 2010 she went on secondment to Norton Rose Fulbright, a renowned law firm in London, and worked as associate for the asset-based finance team. In 2016 Marcela also acted as secondee for a major air service company that operates helicopters.Read more
- Admitted to the Bar Association of the States of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
- Member of the Aviation Working Group.
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), LLB (2004).
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Post-Graduate Certificate in Business Law (2008).
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), LLM in International Business Law (2010).
- Listed as a Rising Star in Aviation by the LMG Expert Guides from Euromoney in 2016 and 2017.
- Recognized as a Next Generation Lawyer by The Legal 500 (Transport and Shipping: Aviation) in 2017.