- Phone: (11) 3141-3626
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Practice Areas: Insolvency/Arbitration and Mediation/Agribusiness/Litigation
Felsberg Advogados’ partner for the Insolvency Department.Read more
Fabiana Solano is specialized in advising clients in arbitration proceedings conducted under the ICC – International Chamber of Commerce and other Arbitration Chambers (such as the Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce; FIESP Arbitration Chamber; FGV Arbitration Chamber), with commercial and corporate disputes ranging from BRL 30 million to USD 500 million.
Coordinated and supervised the Litigation and Arbitration team of the law firm, which included approximately 30 professionals located at its headquarters (São Paulo) and its branches in Rio de Janeiro and Brasília. Coordinated the pro bono department of the law firm. Appointed to be the law firm’s Meritas representative (Meritas is a global alliance of full-service law firms, which includes more than 175 law firms worldwide in over 70 countries).
Counseled clients in negotiating restructuring plans and turnaround measures with their creditors. Represented creditors in judicial restructuring proceedings (equivalent to Chapter 11) in Brazil, prepackaged bankruptcies and bankruptcies, such as: (i)
, which was the second restructuring proceeding held in Brazil after the enactment of the law that regulates this area; (ii)
Grupo Rede Energia
, such being the first public power distribution company to file for restructuring; and (iii)
, a subsidiary company of the American Tecumseh Group, for which we were nominated for the ‘
Deal of the Year’
award, presented by Latin Lawyer, in 2008.
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar (OAB/SP).
- Graduated in Law at the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo;
- Specialization Course in Contract at the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo;
- LL.M. in Financial and Capital Markets Law -Institute of Education and Research - Insper;
- LL.M. degree in Corporate Governance & Practice - Stanford Law School, Stanford, CA.
- Co-author of “Nova Crise Economica e Insolvencia Transnacional”, published in Valor Economico (April 16, 2015); “Recognition of Arbitration”, published in the International Newsletter of Felsberg e Pedretti Advogados e Consultores Legais (September 4, 2012); “Brazilian Code of Civil Procedure amended to expedite enforcement proceedings”, published in the International Newsletter of Felsberg e Pedretti Advogados e Consultores Legais (February 5, 2007).
- Co-author of the annual report on Brazilian Jurisdiction for “Enforcement of Foreign Judgments”, coordinated by ‘Getting the Deal Through’, and published by Law Business Research Ltd., in October 2011 and October 2012.
- Book with final thesis: “Consequences of Terminating Franchise Agreements” (2014).