- Phone: (55 11) 3141-9142
- City: São Paulo
- Languages: Portuguese, English and Italian.
- Practice Areas: Restructuring & Insolvency
Clara Azzoni is a partner of the Insolvency and Debt Restructuring Department at Felsberg Advogados and has extensive experience advising debtors, creditors and investors in court-supervised and unsupervised restructurings, bankruptcy liquidations and insolvency related matters. Clara also has also recognized expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, representing foreign and domestic clients in discussions and disputes related to corporate law, contracts and business transactions.
Clara´s experience includes advising:
- Rede Energia Group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of more than BRL 1 billion in debt and the sale of its corporate control to Energisa;
- Ad Hoc group of bondholders in the judicial reorganization proceeding of Aralco Group, a Brazilian sugar and ethanol producer;
- Lupatech Group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of approximately BRL 500 million in debt.
- Elektra Mexican group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of more than BRL 200 million in debt;
- Inepar Group in its judicial reorganization proceeding, involving the restructuring of approximately BRL 1 billion in debt.
- OSX-3 bondholders, which held a claim in the amount of USD 500 million secured by a mortgage over the FPSO OSX-3, in all matters related to the reorganization proceedings of OSX and OGX;
- OSX-3 bondholders in several lawsuits against OSX and OGX before Brazilian courts.
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP);
- Turnaround Management Association do Brasil (TMA Brasil).
- Graduated in Law at Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP), 2003;
- Master’s Degree in Civil Procedural Law from the University of São Paulo (USP), 2008;
- Ph.D in Civil Procedural Law from the University of São Paulo (USP), 2012.
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Fraude contra credores no processo falimentar: ação revocatória falimentar e ineficácia do art. 129 da Lei de Recuperação Judicial, Extrajudicial e Falências (book). Curitiba: Editora Juruá. Expected release date: November 2017;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira; FELSBERG, Thomas Benes. “Tese I – Recuperação Judicial” and “Tese II – Recuperação Judicial” (book chapters). In: BADARÓ, Gustavo Henrique; NOHARA, Irene Patrícia; WARDE JUNIOR, Walfrido Jorge (Coord). Teses Jurídicas dos Tribunais Superiores. São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2017;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Impactos do Novo Código de Processo Civil no Processo Falimentar (book chapter). In SICA, Heitor Vitor Mendonça (Coord.). Legislação processual extravagante. Coleção repercussões do novo CPC. Salvador: Juspodvim, 2016. p. 81-105;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Distribuição do ônus probatório (book chapter). In OLVEIRA NETO, Olavo; MEDEIROS NETO, Elias Marques de; LOPES; Ricardo Augusto de Cadastro. A prova no direito processual civil: estudos em homenagem ao professor João Batista Lopes. São Paulo: Editora Verbatim, 2013;
- AZZONI, Clara Moreira. Recurso especial e extraordinário: aspectos gerais e efeitos (book). São Paulo: Editora Atlas, 2009.