The partner responsible for Felsberg Advogados’ Tax Department, Anna Flávia has a great deal of experience in tax litigation, working in the administrative and judicial spheres, in both defense and the demanding of tax debts, as well as in the filing of court actions aiming to recover tax credits.
She also works with customs issues, providing assistance and advice on overseas trade operations, and with defense as well as with demands for taxes or penalties arising from non-compliance with customs systems.
In addition to this, she provides support for the office’s other departments in M&A operations, through the performance of due diligence, and in the restructuring of companies subject to Judicial Reorganization.
Recently, Anna Flávia has:
- Provided administrative and judicial defense involving the tax debts of companies connected with the telecommunications and energy sectors;
- Defended a non-profit organization in the recognition of its immunity to tax payments, as well as the annulling of demands for tax credits arising from non-observance of its immune or exempt status;
- Provided advice and defense for an International Airline Company in its customs procedures;
- Provided administrative defense relating to the application of the Profit and Results Sharing Program;
- Advised and defended companies with corporate restructuring operations that, through the partial split and equity merger, were not accepted by the Government;
- Filed legal measures and administrative defenses on behalf of companies in the entertainment sector, with a view to addressing the taxes to which they were liable;
- Filed measures aimed at recognition of the rights of companies under Judicial Restructuring to special installment programs;
- Advised and defended companies in relation to recognition of special customs regimes, as well as special systems granted by States and Municipalities;
- Advised companies from the pharmaceuticals, automobile, steel manufacturing and energy sectors on the specific regulations applicable to their specific areas;
- Provided advice on the verification of the responsibilities of parent or affiliate companies. as well as their partners and representatives in relation to their tax obligations;
- Spoken in public to Trade Associations and at office events about tax issues.
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in São Paulo (OAB/SP).
- Graduate of the Faculty of Law of the Federal University of Minas Gerais, 2000.
- MBA in Economic and Company Law – Getúlio Vargas Foundation, 2003.
- Master’s Degree in Tax Law – University of São Paulo (USP/SP), 2005.
- Accounting Course provided by FIPECAFI, 2003.
- Article – “Os Serviços de Provedores de Acesso à Internet e a LC n. 116/2003” in the book “Imposto sobre Serviços – ISS na Lei Complementar n. 116/2003 e na Constituição”.