Our team provides consulting services to international cargo and tourism operators, presenting and planning alternatives in the legal structure of agents and subsidiaries.
This service involves the advisory area in general for agency contracts, time charters, joints, tax area, creation of national shipping companies, etc., working with the Ministry of Transport, Mercantile Marine Department (DMM), Port Authorities, National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA), Federal Revenue Department, Federal Police and Maritime Court.
It is important to defend the interests of the shipping company before the Judiciary Branch in all types of actions involving cargo and passengers, such as precautionary measures of arrest, acts of indemnification, initiatives to recover credits, containers, etc.
The scope of our practice and the expertise of our lawyers allow us to gain a unique insight into developments and industry trends that may be critical to our clients, including:
- Tax and customs advisory for cargo issues;
- Assistance in hull, machinery and P&I insurance contracts in Brazil and overseas;
- Assistance in the drafting of distinct types of contracts;
- Assistance in regulatory issues;
- Registration of ship operators and vessels at the Maritime Court;
- Marine pollution issues;
- Establishment of Brazilian Navigation Companies – EBN and obtaining of the required authorizations and licenses;
- Assistance in construction, repair, acquisition and chartering of vessels;
- Maritime and judicial court litigation in general.