Economic and Competition Law
We work in the identification and analysis of economic operations and contracts for the purpose of notifying the antitrust authorities, as well as in the preparation and follow-up of the submission of monopolistic acts.
We also operate in:
- The prevention of infractions and crimes against the economic order, through the preparation and implementation of compliance programs (adapted to the needs and dynamics of each client and their relevant market sector);
- Representation in certification processes of compliance programs at the Economic Law Department (SDE) of the Ministry of Justice;
- Lectures on the performance of antitrust agencies and violations to the economic order;
- Examination of contracts, operations and practices with respect to the antitrust legislation;
- Representations to the antitrust authorities in cases where customers are adversely affected by anticompetitive practices.
- Representation of clients in investigations of anticompetitive practices conducted by the administrative authorities – SDE, Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) and Secretariat for Economic Monitoring (SEAE) of the Ministry of Finance –, as well as by the criminal authorities – the police and the Federal Prosecutor’s Office –, including the adoption of applicable legal measures in the course of such investigations.
We also defend the interests of clients in acts of indemnification and public civil actions of a competitive nature.