Economic and Competition Law
- Prevention of infractions and crimes against the economic order, through the preparation and implementation of compliance programs (adapted to the needs and dynamics of the specific market in which each client operates);
- Representation in processes of compliance program certification before the Ministry of Justice’s Department of Economic Law (SDE);
- Speeches on the activities of the antitrust organizations and infractions to the economic order;
- Examination of agreements, operations and practices from the perspective of competition defense legislation;
- Drafting of representations to the competition defense authorities in cases in which clients have been negatively affected by anti-competition practices;
- Representation of clients in investigations of anti-competition behavior conducted by the administrative authorities – SDE, Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) and the Ministry of Finance’s Department of Economic Monitoring (SEAE) – as well as by the criminal authorities – police and Public Prosecutor’s Office – including the adoption of applicable judicial measures in the course of the investigations.
We also work with the identification and analysis of economic operations and contracts in order to notify the competition defense authorities, as well as the preparation and monitoring of merger compliance requirements.
We also defend clients’ interests in indemnification actions and class actions relating to competition issues.