CNPE approves bid calendar e new local content rules
The National Council for Energy Policy (“CNPE”), in its 1st Extraordinary Meeting, held on April 12th, approved the ANP’s 3rd Pre-salt Bid Round and the bid calendar for bid rounds of exploratory blocks, under the concession and production sharing regimes, and onshore mature fields to be held between 2017 and 2019. These resolutions shall now be approved by Brazil’s President.
Please find below the list of the scheduled rounds and the offered areas:
|4th Marginal Accumulations Bid Round||May, 2017||Garça Branca, Rio Doce and Rio Mariricu, in the Espírito Santo Basin; Iraúna, Noroeste do Morro Rosado and Urutau, in the Potiguar Basin; Araçás Leste, Itaparica, Jacumirim and Vale do Quiricó, in the Recôncavo Basin.|
|2nd Pre-salt Bid Round||First semester of 2017||Norte de Carcará (Block BM-S-8), Sul do Gato do Mato (S-M-518) and Entorno de Sapinhoá, in the Santos Basin, and Sudoeste de Tartaruga Verde, in the Campos Basin.|
|14th Concession Bid Round||Second semester of 2017||Offshore sectors: SC-AP1 and SC-AP3, in the Campos Basin; SSEAL-AP1, SSEAL-AP2 and SSEAL-AUP2, in the Sergipe-Alagoas Basin; SES-AP1 and SES-AP2, in the Espírito Santo Basin; SS-AR3, SS-AR4 and SS-AP4, in the Santos Basin, and SP-AP4 and SP-AUP4, in the Pelotas Basin.
Onshore sectors: SPN-N and SPN-SE, in the Parnaíba Basin; SPAR-CN, in the Paraná Basin; SPOT-T1B, SPOT-T2, SPOT-T4 and SPOT-T5, in the Potiguar Basin; SREC-T1, SREC-T2, SREC-T3 and SREC-T4, in the Recôncavo Basin; SSEAL-T1, SSEAL-T2, SSEAL-T4 and SSEAL-T5, in the Sergipe-Alagoas Basin, and SES-T4 and SES-T6, in the Espírito Santo Basin.
|3rd Pre-salt Bid Round||November, 2017||Pau Brasil, Peroba, Alto de Cabo Frio-Oeste and Alto de Cabo-Frio Central prospects, located in the Campos and Santos Basins.|
|5th Marginal Accumulations Bid Round||May, 2018||To be defined.|
|4th Pre-salt Bid Round||May, 2018||Saturno, Três Marias and Uirapuru prospects, in the Santos Basin, and blocks C-M-537, C-M-655, C-M-657 and C-M-709, in the Campos Basin.|
|15th Concession Bid Round||May, 2018||Offshore sectors: SFZA-AP1, AP2, AR1 and AR-2, in the Foz do Amazonas Basin; SCE-AP2 and AP3, in the Ceará Basin, and SPOt-AP1, AP2 and AR2, in the Potiguar Basin.
Sectors in ultra-deep waters out of the pre-salt’s polygon: SC-AP4, in the Campos Basin, and SS-AUP1, in the Santos Basin.
Onshore sectors: SPAR-N and CN, in the Paraná Basin; SPN-SE and N, in the Parnaíba Basin, and other blocks of onshore sectors in the Sergipe-Alagoas, Recôncavo, Potiguar and Espírito Santo Basins.
|5th Pre-salt Bid Round||Second semester of 2018||Aram, Sudeste de Lula, Sul and Sudoeste de Júpiter and Bumerangue prospects, in the Santos Basin.|
|6th Marginal Accumulations Bid Round||Second semester of 2019||To be defined.|
|16th Concession Bid Round||Second semester of 2019||Offshore sectors: SCAL-AP1 and AP2, in the Camamu-Almada Basin, and SJA-AP, in the Jacauípe Basin.
Sectors in ultra-deep waters out of the pre-salt’s polygon: SC-AP5, in the Campos Basin, and SS-AUP5, in the Santos Basin.
Onshore sectors: SSOL-C, in the Solimões Basin; SPRC-L and O, in the Parecis Basin and other blocks of onshore sectors in the Sergipe-Alagoas, Recôncavo, Potiguar and Espírito Santo Basins.
In addition, regarding the local content, the CNPE decided that:
- In the unitization areas, when the oil and gas deposit extends to an open acreage area, the local content rules applicable to them cannot create any obligation in addition to the obligations established for the area already under concession or production sharing regime. This rule shall be applicable to the ANP’s 2nd Pre-salt Bid Round.
- As of the ANP’s 4th Marginal Accumulations Bid Round, the local content shall not be a contractual obligation.
- The minimum mandatory local content required for each area of the ANP’s 3rd Pre-salt Bid Round, shall be the following:
- Exploration phase: 18%.
- Production development phase: 25% for well construction, 40% for offloading systems and 25% for offshore rigs.
- Regarding the ANP’s 14th Concession Bid Round, the local content commitments shall be established in the specific clauses of the contract and shall not be used as judgement criteria in the bid. In addition, the minimum mandatory local content for this round shall be the following:
Felsberg Advogados remains at your entire disposal for any clarifications that may be necessary in relation to the matter covered above. Should you have any further doubts, please contact Luis Menezes (email@example.com), our partner responsible for the Oil and Gas Department.
This article is of a solely informative nature, and does not contain any opinion, recommendation or legal advice from Felsberg Advogados concerning the subject matter covered.